Friday 30 March 2012

Evaluation Question 3

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
A media institution is a non-profit organisation which regulates and distributes advertising, entertainment and information services. In the UK there are many institutions such as Future PLC, Bauer and IPC Media.  The publisher that i would use to publish my magazine would be IPC Media. This is because they are one of the leading media institutions in the UK, and also that ‘NME’ magazine uses them as their publisher which has a target audience that would also read mine. IPC Media is a well-known publisher and has approximately 26million young adults in the UK that read a magazine published by IPC Media therefore using them to publish my magazine I am confident that they will do a good job of it. As well as this since they are such a big institution there should be more advertisement options as it should be both easier and cheaper to advertise with help from such a big media institution. The distribution method that I’d want to be is firstly the most common way of putting in to popular stores such as WHSmith, newsagents, as most people still if they want a magazine go to the shops. Big chain supermarkets such as Sainsbury’s and Tesco are becoming the main sellers of magazines nowadays therefore I would make sure that I distributed some to the supermarkets to get most people able to see my magazine and buy it. Finally I would also distribute my magazine up online and use the internet as distribution this is because many other magazines nowadays are putting them up online so if I was to do this with mine I'd be keeping up in the competition. Also it'd attract younger teenagers are they are spending more time online than actually going into any shops and rather do online shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment