Sunday 25 March 2012

Evaluation Question 7

7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?
Having made my school magazine edit first I feel that I have developed my skills both in photoshop and getting/developing ideas and have shown improvements. When I first started my school magazine I wasnt very skilled at using photoshop an example of this would be that I had no idea how to make layers and cut out images. I decided on my preliminary to use very simple and basic layouts and techniques. I also didnt plan it accurately and feel that I didnt push my technical abilities to the extent that now I realise I can do. 
 When doing the school magazine we didn't have the oppurtunity to research and plan which therefore I have now learnt that from my music magazine that research and planning is benefitial to the outcome and helps to develop and challenge different ideas. From the analysis of other magazine covers that I have done has taught me how magazines are designed to attract and please their target audience. Creating my music magazine allowed me to apply the knowledge I was learning in an effective way, when comparing my school magazine to my music magazazine I think it represents how I have learnt different aspects that are included in magazines. An example of this would be on the cover of my school magazine the barcode would have needed to be smaller, this issue number and date smaller. Another example of what I have learnt and improved on is the contents I have included more detail this time, more variation and a less confusing layout. Also my photographs throughout are edited to compliment the magazine and not over edited so it looks over the top and to 'done up'.


No comments:

Post a Comment