Monday 12 March 2012

Evauation Question 2

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?
My magazine represents social groups such as teenagers and running into early 20's that are into music which is slightly different from typical chart hit music. The social group I would put my magazine forth for would be indie scensters. The magazine is to raise awareness of the more unknown bands that are coming out, my magazine will always be revealing new artists that have more of a ‘quirky’ and individual feel with their music. I think a main part of the magazine that represents this social group is my model on my front cover and double page spread; she represents this social group well as she herself is my 19 year old sister so her age is right in the middle of my age choice. What she is wearing is a very retro looking top that has a navy blue with white polka dots 'peter pan' styled collar. The black jacket over the top was to make it just look like more of a casual capturing shot, I used this outfit to stand out a 'quirky' fashion reflecting what type of magazine it was. I also used 4 dried up pink roses in her hair when taking my final photos' as this was in fashion summer 2011 particularly at music festivals a lot of teenage girls wore these around the festival campus'. Therefore I thought this would be a good opportunity to add in a little bit of girliness rather than her hair just in a plain bun with nothing standing out. As for the double page spread I had my model dress in a plain dark grey jumper, plum red trousers and little winter ankle boots with a single feather necklace falling around her neck. The clothing I tried to keep very basic however I thought that the necklace added to her style of being quirky which relates back to my social group of teenagers. The wallpaper behind her is in a derelict house that is currently being done up, I thought that this background was very good as it shoes an old fashioned worn look that is very dainty and got a quirky twist to it representing her age group and what they are like. This image of Florence I like to think is similar to mine, the similarities that I thought they both had was that they are both look around the same age and pulling the same face. I used this facial expression as I think it may grab peoples' attention to think what is wrong with her and pick up the magazine to read into why she might possibly be looking like that.  My representation is a positive one and could be aspirational for the audience as Abby LeMay is pretty, well dressed and friendly. As this is positive it leads to it being aspirational and people wanting to be more like Abby as she has these qualities. The images below show a similar artist to what mine is like as they both product the same type of music and have the same quirky style.


No comments:

Post a Comment